See for yourself why Meta API is the best API platform!
Today we are using more and more technologies and often there is a lack of communication between them.
We believe in reverse productivity, developers should focus on creating values for their projects and businesses and not wasting time on implementing protocols and doing some plumbing between APIs.
We experienced all of these on our previous experiences and with our clients: that's why we are the first user of our own platform.
They are the consecration of our vision
Making two (or more) APIs talking between each other and having the power to automate it. Once done, a Spell is exposed through an API endpoint, his its own API. We can also call a Spell a Meta-API 😉.
- Dependencies: use NPM to add any JS/TS library inside a Spell
- Releases: execute live development inside the web editor and create new release to freeze your code and deploy it on different environment. A rollback is possible to switch back to previous version and change it in a snap
- Logs: all requests are logged and you can access them accessible through a dedicated interface, filtering them by status, environment and Spells.
A connector is an API's endpoint implemented inside Meta API solution.
Connector's management is and will be more and more automated with new features to give you a better productivity when using APIs. Whenever an API is added, all the endpoints are scanned and connectors are created for them.
A connector include:
- A specific interface for an easier usage
- A typed response schema for code creation and edition based on connector's response
- On schedule specific monitoring during execution to verify the update of the connector
Make data exchange between your tools more powerful to scale up and spent less time on your business processes.
Automation will make your team more autonomous, less dependent from key users and more flexible with your apps choices.
Automations we achieve::
- Sending SMS from a Google Spreadsheet (for Medicalib)
- Synchronize Pipedrive with Airtable for invoicing
- Copy each invoice from Stripe into our Quickbooks
Integrate external tools to your own apps and platforms
Even your own tools needs to rely on external services
Like sending messages, follow your customer journey or enrich your own database with external data.
You can aggregate multiple tools inside one API integration (Spell) and trigger it from any programming language.
Integration we achieve:
- Update our CRM (Hubspot) each time a user sign up on our platform
- Send Slack messages with Stripe details on each new subscription
- Sending transactional Emails combine with internal slack message on specific user actions on our platform
Some differences from other nearby solutions to which our prospects compare us
We choose to simplify all the boring stuff around API integration: authentication, schemas validation, monitoring, error management, etc. but without restraining available connectors (you can import your own) and writing your own process with the same freedom as your own dev environment.
Large companies implies many needs and Mulesoft have many features built in their tools with a lot of connectors, deployment methods. All of these come with a cost: licences can be very expensive and the need of a training or an integrator is mandatory.
Zapier is very good to automate small processes and very accessible to non-technical users, but became very limited when you have complex processes and very expensive when many tasks are required. Their catalog of APIs is large enough for common use-cases but can become a hard block is you need specific endpoints or a two-way syncing.
You manage everything, so you have to take into account every aspect of an API integration like monitoring, error management, APIs breaking changes, switch of services, server management, etc... The time you have available to do it or to have it, will determine everything.